Monday, October 20, 2008

State Fair

I bought tickets to the fair Saturday morning. I almost didn't....something told me we might not make it there. Sure enough, by 5 pm, Ian had a fever. Lucky for him, it broke over night. He evidently caught his sister's cold.
Ian woke up not feeling great, but was determined he was going to the fair. At 6:45 Sunday morning, he woke me up with "I told you I just needed a good night's sleep, I'm all better. Can we go to the fair today!?! He didn't have a fever, so off we went. These are my favorite ones from the 171 pictures that were taken." They were both worn out after almost 4.5 hours at the fair.

Ian made sure to take care of Ally on any rides they rode together. He made sure he got her in and out of the rides and that the ticket person knew that she was his baby sister and she was riding with him. He'd take her tickets and give them to the person while he was announcing what he was going to do. haha I had to get a few photos cause heaven knows that's not going to happen but once a year at the fair...if ever again. As soon as we were back in the car, the bickering siblings returned, though. LOL!

Ally wanted to ride the little rollercoasters with Ian but I was too chicken to let her ride with just Ian. She was just barely tall enough to ride them, so Thad rode it with her. She thought that was the best thing ever. She did want to ride everything Ian did. Maybe next year, though I'll have to make Thad's parents go with us. It is def. a 2 person job taking 2 to the fair. He'll be gone and there's no way I'm going by myself!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ArkyArtist said...

Your story narration is just so sweet-- Ian taking his first born duties so seriously in public! I'm so proud of that little man! And, of Ally for always thinking she can do what a bigger kid can do!