After school, I asked Ian to pick up the toys and other stuff off the carpet so that I could vacuum the carpet. He REALLY didn't want to do and was whining about it. Finally, he starts moaning "Why do *I* have to do EVERYTHING around here." I've heard this several times and decided it was time to show him just what all happens in this house while he's busy playing!
So first he had to pick up the floor. Unfortuately, I don't have pictures of that! It was when he was vacuuming htat I thought it would be a great idea to take pictures for blackmail later! haha

He was working hard at pretending he liked doing it. He actually does like to vacuum and try to attack his sister with the vacuum.

Next, poor Cinderella had to scrub the toliets. He was telling me how fun it was and could he scrub the toliet in my bathroom, too! Sure thing buddy!
After a hefty amount of germx, Ian was still doing chores. He had to unload the dishes from the dishwasher. He was still thinking this was fun.
Since it was garbage day, I made him bring the trash can back to the house. Once again, the little boss was making sure he was doing his job.

Next, he had to take the trash out. It was a rather heavy bag, but I made him at least try to throw it out. Ally was giving her pointers because she thinks she's little miss know it all.

Now, it was time to gather the dirty laundry. Ally, of course, went along to help. Ally's help resulted into clothes landing on the floor. (Note: they really don't know how to get the clothes IN the hamper so it looks like there are tons and tons of clothes. lol). Ian says that he's not picking up after Ally. I told him...but you do EVERYTHING. He was really starting to get irrated at this point. =)

Then, it was the awlful disquisting dirty dishes (so Ian called them). He really didn't like loading the dishwasher. At this point, he was still asking if he could do "everything" again tomorrow. Sure thing buddy! Ally was being Ally and I told her tos how Daddy her new bubble machine. Suddenly, Ian was in DIRE need of a vacation. It wasn't fair that she got to go play and he didn't. Wahh...wahh...wahh!! He finished loading the dishwasher and was very relieved that I didn't have any more jobs for him. He promised me that he'd never say he had to do everything.
Update: 2 days later, Ian started to mumble "Why do I always have to do everything" because I made him get his coat and bookbag out of the jeep and *GASP* actually SHUT the door to the jeep. He took one look at me and only got to "Why do I...." I didn't say it mom, I didn't say it!!! I remembered!! hahah At least, it's progress!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment