Friday, January 19, 2007
Results
Well, I talked to the nurse. They really freaked me out at first. I finally get connected to the nephrology nurses station and when I say I want to leave a message to have a nurse call me back regarding Allison Brister...the girl stops and goes "have they tried to call you today?" I replied no, they hadn't and she says "hang on and I'll get her right now". Woah...please tell me it isn't that bad of news!! Whew, it turned out to be GREAT news is that her kidney reflux is GONE!! So, no more daily antibotics!! Figures, I just refilled the prescription! haha Ally's "bad" kidney is Grade 2 Hydro and the good kidney was Grade 1 hydro (meaning they were enlarged. No reason why they were still enlarged. I'm more concerned that the good kidney was slightly enlarged. She doesn't have scar tissue on the bad kidney but the kidney tissue is thinning. The thinning tissue still means basically the same thing as scar tissue in terms of possible health problems down the line. So, I guess it was mixed reviews for this doctor visit. We go back May 17th for another ultrasound to check her kidney size again and go from there I guess. I'm just glad the reflux is gone so there shouldn't be any more damage to her kidneys! That is the best news!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment